Thursday, May 1, 2008

Painted and ready for parts


The size medium-small prototype is now painted (well, powder coated actually). Please see the discussion group (http://groups.google.com/group/furrybluecycles) for more photos.

So, the next step is to have it built up and then I'll arrange to have more photos taken and I'll start the test rides. Because I imagine the medium-small might fit more women, the prototype is painted a perhaps more feminine shade of blue.

The size medium prototype is being completed now, and it is about a month behind the size medium-small. The size medium prototype will be a little different than the size medium-small prototype. Whereas the medium-small uses standard diameter tubing and a threaded headset, the size medium prototype uses slightly oversize diameter, thin-walled tubing, a threadless headset, and a custom fork.

Tentatively, I'm considering offering a production run like the medium-small, and then perhaps semi-custom like size medium.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would like nordic gold (porsche targa 4 color) on one of your bikes.
(from ethan)

Furry Blue Cycles said...

Hi Ethan, I like that nordic gold too! Powder coat shops usually have a limited selection of stock colors, for custom powder coat I'm told I have to buy like 5 pounds of powder at $100 extra - of course, that's enough for several bikes.

For a production run, perhaps I'll leave some frames unpainted and then you can have it any color you like.

Eventually, I would like to offer several "standard" colors, and something like the nordic gold would be a good addition to a couple of shades of blue.